Updated: May 24, 2019
I get this question a lot. “How Are You Able to Travel This Much.” With the follow up questions, ”How Did You Start Your Blog?” Blogging has helped me in SO many ways, it has given me a creative outlet, a passive income, the ability to travel wherever and whenever I want, given me an identity, and has now given me the chance to help others to do the same. Have you ever thought about starting a blog? Or maybe you have started one and sort of gave up on it.. Or you’re in the middle of it, having a good time writing, but you’re not totally sure what you are doing.. Whatever it may be, I’m here to for you! I don’t know where you are in life, where you live, or what your current circumstance is, but if you have a passion for anything at all, blogging can help you in more ways than you can image. I’m going to break this down into 6 steps, so by the end of this blog, you are on the right track to a successful blog that you can monetize!
Why Start A Blog
There are so many amazing opportunities that come with blogging. It’s not a matter of ‘if’ you should start a blog, it is a matter of WHEN. I am so grateful for the opportunities and doors that have been opened thanks to blogging! There are several reasons why I started a blog, but here are reasons why you need to.
1. It’s an amazing creative outlet! Your blog is your space and you can take it in whatever direction you want to go. There is something so special about writing down your thoughts and
and it has become an amazing outlet for so many people.
2. You can make a passive income from home. A blog is a perfect platform to be able to make money in your sleep. It will take time and effort, but once you get it going, you will be able to get to a point where you can earn money on the internet!
3. Get exposure for your business. If you are a business owner, this is a great way to show your clients and potential buyers what you really have to offer! Show them a winter outfit guide, tell your audience about your success stories, and get “potential customers” to be regular buyers!
4. Find a Good Community: The blogging world is FULL of people who think like you, eat like you, travel like you, and shop like you! I have met so many amazing people through blogging and I am so grateful for these friends, connections, and supporters in my life!
5. Blogging Can Help Other People: You have experiences, knowledge, and a point of view that can help people. You have a voice. You can give someone else a new start, and more opportunities because of what you know. Share it and help people!
What Should I Blog About
What can you rant on and on about? Where do you passions lie? Is it health/fitness, work ethic, home decor, fashion, poetry, mental health? Whatever it is, there IS a market for what you want to write about. Starting a blog is a great way to document your life or a way to share your experiences, photos and your talents. There are Billions of people on this earth and I can promise that a least a fraction of them will be interested in what you have to share. Where there is a blog, there is a market. Get the creative juices flowing and share it with the world.
Choose a Blogging Platform
Your next step is to take these creative thoughts and put them somewhere! You need a website. My favorite platform and the one that I am currently using for my site is wix.com. The reason that I love Wix, is because it is sooo user friendly. If you don’t have the time to take a coding course, or learn about web development, Wix is the platform that you need. They take care of your hosting and all your technical support. I recommend it to everyone. Pick your domain and get your blog started.
Create Beautiful Content
A professional blog starts with professional looking content. Your content will make or break your blog.
Making the Content: A Lot of people ask me what equipment that I use, I have a Canon Rebel that I absolutely love, but I love my lenses the most! I have 2 camera lenses that I use all the time.
Both of these lenses help your photos to look beautiful! You get a dreamy, blurred background with the subject still in focus!
Downloading Content: You’ll need to get your photos off your camera and onto your laptop or phone for editing, I really love this iPhone jack that let’s you download your photos straight to your camera roll on your iPhone! It is So helpful especially if you edit your photos on your phone.
Editing Content: You can definitely take beautiful photos without changing a thing, but what really helps to set your photos apart is if you put some edits on those photos! You have probably heard a lot of influencers talk about “presets” A preset is a specific way of editing your photos using different adjustments, so that they have a very cohesive look to them! If you need a little help I have my own presets that you can download here :)
Promote Your Blog
Okay you have a beautiful site up and amazing content- now you need to promote it! Make sure that your blog is set up, so that it can be found on google searches! Social Media Avenues are also a really great places to promote your blog. You already have a genuine base of people who like what you are already sharing and they will be a great audience to show your new blog to! Some of my favorite platforms, where I have found the most success is Instagram and Pinterest!
Let me remind you, this will take work on your end. You will need to put some energy into this. Thomas Jefferson said, “The harder I work the luckier I get” I believe that applies in every realm of all of our lives. The harder you work, the more opportunities you will create for yourself. If you need some direction, if you have questions, or you need help: schedule a strategy call with me! I’m so excited for you and I can’t wait to start reading some more amazing blogs!
Ps. Subscribe to get my FREE “Instagram Growth Checklist” and secret promotions and discounts! You’ll also be the first to get the next Little Piece of Bri Elise